I’m going to have to put this in a nutshell….. I CANNOT believe I haven’t blogged in EIGHT months…..
1. J(Aspie) is starting kindergarten NEXT WEEK! His IEP is fabulous and I honestly couldn’t have asked for a better team. The Autistic Support teacher rocks!
2. E(the Wheeze) is starting preschool NEXT WEEK! Where did the time go? He’s going three mornings a week. I’m sad but need the time to work and to rejuvenate. I love him so much but he does NOT.STOP.WHINING……
3. J just developed an eye tic that we have to go get checked out now. Put a call into Developmental Peds and we’re seeing when we can get him in….
4. E’s health has been AMAZING all summer(kinna herra, pft pft). He has gained 2 lbs in the last two months and is actually on the growth chart!!!!! He hasn’t been on it since 12 months! We now have his FPIES down to Milk, Soy, Oats and Rice. His belly seems to be overall regulated with small flares every once in a while.
5. In March, we finally had E evaluated by a neurologist at CHOP. They diagnosed him with Congenital Hemiplegia, which is a mild form of Cerebral Palsy. It wasn’t a shock, as we really had it figured out in the weeks leading up to the appointment. He does NOT have low tone, he has spacticity, weakness in his lower core and right side of his body. He is currently getting PT once a week, is seeing the chiro once a week when we can afford it, and we just called to schedule an MRI today. The doctor said he needs to get a baseline and then we need to re-do the MRI every 2 years.
I have my hands full. But my heart is fuller. These boys have made my life whole. As much as I love my husband, we were so incomplete without them. Right now my life is insane between IEP meetings, therapies, orientations, playdates and advocacy meetings. I’m trying to stay afloat but realizing that I am truly so blessed to have them. God must have seen something in me to give them to me. And for that, I am grateful.